While many of us are guilty of lazing around and delaying stuff, some people do the opposite. There are people who hit the gym at six in the morning!
Such dedication! But the stay-at-home-while-we-should-be-working-out-individuals wish to have a perfect body as well. I guess the cable service providers were quick to learn this. Because they came up with channels dedicated to workouts only. A famous example is Spectrum cable. Telling from my personal experience, as I use the three-in-one package including the Spectrum Phone service, the company has some of the best workout channels to offer.
Being a fitness freak myself, I decided to share a couple of in-home exercises with you. These workouts focus on your upper body.
But before that, let’s have a look at what else can help strengthen your upper body:
Challenge Thy Muscles
You should keep challenging your muscles. There is an easy way to do so. Keep adding more weight and doing more reps. The progress should be gradual, though. Do not overburden the muscles all at once. Keep making trivial changes to your workout regime every day, and that shall do!
Here’s the thing. Do not go hard on yourself in one set. A better thing to do is to perform more sets. This will help you gain more muscle endurance and strength.
No matter how much effort you put in working out, if your eating habits do not align with your workout regime, you won’t see a difference. Therefore, eat what is right for you. Add more protein to your diet. Apart from this, healthy eating at the right time is also essential. The most appropriate time to eat is right after the workout.
That being said, let me introduce you to a couple of you-can-do-it-at-home workouts for your upper body.
Follow the given steps for this workout:
- Stand straight while holding a set of dumbbells on your sides. Your palms should face your body.
- Keep your back straight and slightly bend your knees. Assume a position where your back is parallel with the floor.
- Hang your arms toward the floor.
- Next, row the dumbbells towards your ribs. Pause.
- Then, slowly lower your arms to the original position you began with.
Here’s how to perform this exercise:
- Take two dumbbells. Hold them in front of your chest. While you assume this position, make sure your palms face towards your body. And your elbows are very close to your body.
- Press the dumbbells above your head. And rotate your palms out while you do so.
- Reverse the motion and lower the dumbbells back to the original position.
Backward Crab Walk
Follow these not-so-difficult steps for this workout:
- To begin with, put your feet hip-width apart.
- Assume a squat-back position. Now lower your butt to a level that is below your knee height.
- Now use your arms to jump as far as you can. Make sure you land in the same squat position you started with.
- Once you drop back to the floor, place your wrists under your shoulders. And lift your knees up to the level of your hips.
- Now crab-walk backward and assume the position you were at in the beginning.
Hands under the Table Biceps Hold
- Stand straight with your feet directly under the hips.
- Now place both your hands underneath a heavy couch or table (palms should face up). And your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle with the table or couch.
- Press your palms upwards against the surface. Pulse.
- To begin with, assume a plank position.
- Now lower your chest to the floor. Make sure your elbows are as close to your rib cage as possible.
- Maintain a straight line from your hips to the shoulders.
- Do the push-up!
Although burpees are pretty tough, they are worth your effort. Here’s how to do a burpee:
- Stand straight.
- Now squat down and kick your feet into a plank position.
- Drop your chest to the floor and jump your feet as wide apart from each other.
- Get back to the standing position.
- Repeat the rep.
- Assume a squat position with your feet hip-width apart.
- Stretch your arms out in front of your chest.
- Now jump back to the starting position (stand straight with your feet below your hips).
You need to get hold of a chair, table or a couch to perform this workout. Once you have access to any one of these, do the following:
- Place your hands on your prop with the fingertips pointing the body. Your hands should be placed directly underneath your shoulders.
- Now, slowly extend your legs outwards. Make sure your heels keep touching the ground while your toes flex upwards.
- Gradually lower your elbows moving your hips towards the ground. Do this for 3 counts and jump back up in one count.
Pike Push Up
- Begin with a high-plank position.
- Now step forward with your feet and lift your hips to assume a pike position.
- Do a push-up and touch your head lightly on the floor.
- Then push back up to the pike position.
These workouts are just the ones I personally found very effective. You can always watch videos online for more exercises. Or can subscribe to Spectrum TV packages (or any service provider you like). That way, you will have access to limitless videos by choosing exercise related channels in your package.