Video slots are amongst the most popular casino games where players can win real money from free slots with a bit of luck. They are fun, easy to play and offer the possibility for big cash rewards. It is estimated that slots bring in around £10 billion of profits every year in the UK. Land-based slot machines might soon be history as online gambling takes the lead more and more, year after year.
If you want to play video slots, it is beneficial to know certain things. Slots are all down to luck and anyone who doesn’t know the first thing about them could win big. Nevertheless, by knowing a few key factors about different games you could increase your chances of winning and also have the most fun while at it!
First and foremost, you will only want to play games with a high RTP percentage. Return-to-player is a measurement of how much money is paid out in winnings out of all the bets placed on the game. An RTP of 95% means that 95% of the game’s lifetime bets will be paid out to players, while 5% will be kept by the casino.
A high RTP is considered to be in the range of 95% – 96% and above.
Choose the game by its bonus features
Today’s slots have a lot of perks and advantages when compared to the classic fruit machines. Video slots often have various bonus rounds, such as free spins, a spin of the prize wheel or other. These could incur some serious wins for the player. What is more are the innovative game mechanics, such as Megaways and Cascading reels.
- In Megaways, you will be playing on 6 reels with varying amounts of symbols on them. This mechanic varies the number of paylines on every spin, with the maximum being 117’649 paylines!
- Cascading reels stand out by removing the winning symbols from the screen and allowing new ones to fall in. If these form a winning combination again, then the process is repeated. This way you could enjoy multiple wins at the expense of 1 spin!
High Volatility or Low Variance?
Volatility/variance is a measurement of how frequently and how big are the payouts on a specific slot game.
- High volatility means the game pays out in big wins but not so frequently. Might be a good choice for high-rollers.
- Low variance means the game pays out frequently but in smaller wins. Good for the players that like to stay in the game for longer!
Finally, you shouldn’t look past money management skills. Slots can drain your bankroll very fast if you’re not careful.
- Set daily and weekly spending limits.
- Choose your bet according to your bankroll. Many players bet around 1% of their deposited funds for an optimal chance at winning.
- Only spend what you can afford.
- Slots are means of buying entertainment, not investing your money!
This concludes our guide to video slot basics. By now you should be equipped to start playing. We wish you many wins and good luck in your casino adventures!